Thursday, June 2, 2011

Did it answer the call? Maybelline Mineral Power Foundation


Here's how Maybelline describes this product:
"Maybelline Mineral Power Liquid Foundation with micro-minerals is a lightweight, luxurious formula that provides a luminous, natural coverage."
The company goes on to say "only our formula combines micro-minerals with a liquid in a lightweight texture for a healthier, more natural finish" and they implore beauties to "discover the power of micro minerals."
This foundation is hailed as providing buildable, even medium coverage and is "naturally breathable, seamlessly blendable."  The product is free of talc, oil and fragrance, has SPF 18 sunscreen and won't clog pores.

The short of it: I really like this one!

The rest of it: If you've hung around this blog for any amount of time, it may be obvious that I'm far from a makeup snob. If I spot a snazzy cosmetic for under $5, nine times out of 10, I'm likely to take it home. If it costs a mere buck, 9.9 times out of 10, it's mine! But with that said, I had previously drawn an invisible line in the sand when it came to foundations and powders. After one too many experiences with products that gave me an ashy appearance, I decided to stick with my tried and true favorites from M.A.C. 
 
Well, earlier this year, I decided to test the waters again and one of the products I landed upon is this gem from Maybelline. I admit, I will choose a powder foundation over liquid any day of the week but when I spotted this gem in Target, the color, Cocoa, seemed so spot on that I had to give it a whirl. Housed in a squeezable, 1 oz. bottle, this foundation has a lightweight formula and has been a great compliment to M.A.C's Mineralized Skin Finish. 
While I have read some reviews that complain of its consistency being too sheer, I haven't found that to be the case and my main gripe is that the initial texture is dewy upon application.
All in all, it's turned out to be a great beauty buy so I'm bummed that May May has decided to discontinue its production (though they still crank it out in powder form) - supposedly, their new Fit Me foundation has been pegged as this product's replacement. 
Still, all hope is not totally lost if you wanted to give the Mineral Power foundation a try, they have been tossed in clearance bins at some Target stores and I've spotted them at Big Lots. 
Have you been impressed by a drugstore brand foundation lately? If so, hit the comment box and give me the skinny!


In glitter and gloss,
QT




5 comments:

  1. hmmmm...going to have to had to target and see if my color is in the clearance bin. Are you matching color by sight??

    ReplyDelete
  2. WW, Tarzhay clearance bins make me happy - those red stickers do something to me, lol.
    I've had luck matching color by sight because I usually need the darkest color offered by drugstore brands and have gotten a bit good at eyeballing whether it will be too light. I was pretty shocked when I once had a L'Oreal HiP foundation that was too dark no matter how I tried to tweak it.
    For beauties in the middle of the color spectrum, I believe you can return cosmetics to stores like Target.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ALWAYS have difficulty finding a shade of foundation. Now that I've gotten a bit of a tan, I'm trying out Revlon Colorstay. Happily it seems like a winner so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camille, for lovelies in the middle of the color spectrum, I'd imagine it would be frustrating to have to eyeball whether a color will work for you or not. I know of ladies buying multiple shades just to test them out and see which fits best and thanks a lot for the thumbs up on the Colorstay foundation - that one is on my must-try list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, so I've never worn foundation before, only didn't foundation. But I think this would be a great start for me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...